Tex-Mex cauliflower rice
Easy Cheesy Vegetarian
Tex-Mex cauliflower rice - a healthy, lower-carb Mexican dinner! It’s spicy, cheesy, and chock-full of veggies - and it’s made in an air fryer too!
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 g tin black beans, (drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained))
- 100 g (~ 2/3 cup) tinned sweetcorn
- 3 spring onions, (sliced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- black pepper
- 50 g cheddar cheese, (grated (~ 1/2 cup when grated))
- toppings, (to serve: your choice of sliced avocado, fresh coriander (cilantro), spring onions, sour cream, salsa, etc.)
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, and cut the cauliflower itself into florets. Place in a food processor, and blitz until it resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower rice in the Actifry with a drizzle of oil. Cook for 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Scrape down the sides of the Actifry, and add the black beans, sweetcorn, spring onions, spices, and seasoning. Cook for a further 10 minutes, then add the cheese, and cook for 5 more minutes. Scrape down the sides of the Actifry again, and serve with your choice of toppings.