Til ki Burfi
Til ki Burfi is a quick and easy to make fudge made with sesame seeds and ricotta cheese. Burfis can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part skim or whole milk)
- 0.33333333333333 cup sugar (adjust as per taste)
- 0.125 tsp ground cardamom
- Dry Roast sesame seeds until they turn lightly golden and start to pop. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. Then grind to a powder.
- In nonstick pan, cook ricotta cheese until the water evaporates and the mixture starts to thicken, about 8~10 minutes.
- Add the ground sesame seeds, sugar and ground cardamom. Cook till the mixture starts to thicken and starts to pull away from the pan.
- Lightly grease a 8" square pan or a plate with ghee. Remove the cooked mixture into the pan and let it cool completely.
- Cut the burfi into squares and diamonds. Store in the fridge for up to 1 hour.