Tray roast salad (GF, V version)
Cake and Whisky
With all the best bits from a Sunday roast, this tray roast salad is comfort food made healthy... Isn't that what greedy foodie dreams are made of?
- 200 g mixed salad leaves (strong, peppery varieties such as watercress, rocket or lamb's lettuce work well
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 4 sausages (use vegetarian ones if you wish)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil + some for the potatoes
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them length-wise and place in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and a good pinch of salt and mix until well coated.
- Spead the potatoes onto a baking tray. Add the sausages to the side and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- In a clean jar, combine the Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Pop the lid on and shake vigorously.
- Remove the tray from the oven and slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, layer the salad leaves, roasted potatoes and sausage pieces. Drizzle a few tablespoon of the balsamic and Dijon vinaigrette on top and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky