Tuna Kimchi Cakes with Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce
From a Chef's Kitchen
Tuna Kimchi Cakes with Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce are crispy, delicious and packed with flavor! #WildSelections #SelectSustainable #Ad
- tuna CAKES
- 0.75 cup cabbage kimchi, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts only
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 cup panko,
- 3 (5-ounce) cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 0.75 cup canola, corn or vegetable oil, for frying
- arugula, for serving
- soy - GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
- 0.5 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- TUNA CAKES: Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the tuna along with the water that's in the can and stir, flaking the tuna as you go.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, pack the tuna mixture into the measuring cup approximately 3/4 of the way. Invert onto a baking sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the freezer or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Sprinkle each tuna cake with a little panko, then carefully place in the hot oil. Brown 2-3 minutes or until golden, top with panko again, then carefully flip. Brown the second side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack set over aluminum foil or on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Serve over arugula if desired.
- SOY - GINGER DIPPING SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.