Tunisian Salad Platter or Assiette Tunisienne
From a Chef's Kitchen
Full of fresh, crunchy vegetables, olives, capers and drizzled with a simple red wine vinaigrette, Tunisian Salad Platter (or Assiette Tunisienne) makes an impressive presentation for a buffet!
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 large green bell pepper, membrane removed (thinly sliced)
- 1 english cucumber, peeled if desired (thinly sliced)
- 4 thin slices from a large red onion, rings separated
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 16 kalamata olives (pitted)
- 3 tablespoons capers, large or small
- italian parsley sprigs
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 scant tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Arrange ingredients on a platter as follows: Tomatoes, eggs placed in between tomatoes here and there, green bell pepper rings, cucumber slices, onion rings, olives and capers. Garnish with parsley sprigs and give the salad a good dose of freshly ground black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water and mustard together until smooth. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add crushed red pepper flakes and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen