Turkey Scallopine in Sherry Cream Sauce with Wild Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts
From a Chef's Kitchen
Turkey Scallopini in Sherry Cream Sauce with Wild Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts is a lovely dinner for two and is perfect for any occasion, any time of year!
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (plus 1 tablespoon)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ¾ pound turkey scallopini or cutlets (pounded thin )
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 large shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 package mixed wild mushrooms or an equal combination of sliced cremini, shiitake and oyste ((4-ounce) )
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme )
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 can (7-ounce) petite artichoke hearts (drained and halved)
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and salt and black paper on a plate. Dredge turkey in flour combination, shaking off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey scallopine. Reduce heat to medium and cook approximately 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Add remaining butter and oil to pan. Add the shallot, reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms soften and release their liquid. Sprinkle remaining flour over mushrooms and stir.
- Add sherry to pan, bring to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth and heavy cream and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add artichoke heats. Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Return scallopinI to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.