Vodka and Clementine Glazed Salmon
The View From the Great Island
Vodka and Clementine Glazed Salmon ~ This easy and healthy citrussy 30-minute salmon is a celebration of seasonal eating!
- 1 lb fillet of salmon
- olive oil ((divided))
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 clementines ( washed and sliced as thinly as possible, remove the seeds)
- sprigs of fresh dill
- for the sauce
- ½ cup clementine or orange juice
- ½ cup vodka
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Set the oven to broil
- Rub the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in a roasting pan just big enough to fit it. Lay the clementine slices over the fish.
- In a small saucepan, bring the juice, vodka, brown sugar and soy sauce to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and clementines
- Broil the fish for about 15 minutes, or until the fish is done to your liking. You may need to flip the clementine slices once to prevent them from burning.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill, and scoop any pan drippings over the fish before serving.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island