White Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies
The View From the Great Island
This easy White Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookie recipe makes the perfect delicate, shortbread cookies. The slice and bake dough freezes well, too!
makes just shy of 2 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons/1 cup/8 ounces/220 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Set oven to 325F
- Cream the butter and the sugar together. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, chocolate chips, and pecans and mix well.
- Form into an 11-12 inch log on a piece of waxed or parchment paper. Roll the log in the paper, smoothing it out as you go. Twist the ends to secure.
- Refrigerate the log for about 2 hours.
- Slice the log into 3/8 inch slices and place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookies are just turning a light brown around the edges. The centers will still be quite pale.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet to firm up for a few minutes before carefully transferring them to a cooling rack.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island