White Chocolate Energy Bites
The View From the Great Island
White Chocolate Energy Bites ~ this easy homemade chocolate candy is a healthy dessert or snack that will give you a boost of energy and nutrition!
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips (I recommend Nestle, they melt the easiest)
- assorted nuts such as pecans, almonds, hazelnuts
- assorted dried fruit such as figs, apricots, pineapple, raisins
- assorted seeds such as flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia and hemp seeds
- Finely chop the nuts and the dried fruit so they are of a size that will fit on top of the bites. Leave the seeds whole.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment or waxed paper to work on.
- Put the chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Remove and let sit for 30 seconds, then stir. If all the chips aren't completely melted, microwave for another short burst and stir until they are.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon out a blob of chocolate, and nudge it into a circle shape. Work with one at a time and add the fruit, nuts, and seeds to to top. Press down just slightly to assure that they stick.
- When all the chocolates have hardened, remove them from the paper and store in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island