White Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
White Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are a 5-ingredient dessert that is allergy friendly! The melt-in-your-mouth chocolate is paired with a crunchy hazelnut.
- 10 oz dairy-free white chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus more for rolling)
- 3 tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 hazelnuts
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Heat, in the microwave, at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and microwave until melted, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
Once the chocolate is melted smooth, stir in the coconut, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Place the mixture in the fridge to set for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the hazelnut out on a baking tray. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the hazelnuts are fragrant and golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When the hazelnuts are cool enough to touch, but still warm, rub them with a clean kitchen towel to remove and loose skins.
If you don’t get all the skin removed, don't worry about it. You just want to take off the loose stuff and throw it away.
Set the hazelnuts aside until the chocolate has set.
- Once the chocolate has set, remove it from the fridge. Use a spoon to scoop out about a tablespoon of the white chocolate. Roll it into a ball and then press a hazelnut into the center.
Close off the open end and re-roll it into a ball. Roll the truffle in coconut to coat. Repeat until all the chocolate has been rolled and coated.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds