White Chocolate Rocky Road
The View From the Great Island
White Chocolate Rocky Road is fanciful combination of white chocolate, nuts, mini marshmallows, jellied candies and fruit.
- 1 lb good quality white chocolate (I used a combination of a 12 oz bag of Nestle's chips and a 4 oz Ghira
- 2 cups total of a combination of:
- pistachios (you can use almonds, macadamia, peanuts or walnuts as well)
- dried cherries
- dried Turkish style apricots
- mini colored marshmallows
- jelly candies (like Turkish Delight, fruit gems, gummies, etc)
- Line a square 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Cut the paper big enough so the edges overhang the pan; this will allow you to lift the chocolate out of the pan after it has hardened, and make it much easier to slice neatly.
- Gather your nuts and candy additions. Chop larger things like the apricots and the larger gummy candies. You can leave the cherries, pistachios and mini marshmallows whole.
- Put the chocolate in a clean, dry microwave safe bowl. If you are using bar chocolate, break it up in small pieces so it will melt quickly and evenly.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove and stir again. If the chocolate is not completely melted after stirring it for a moment, microwave it just a tiny bit more. The final small lumps of chocolate will melt as you stir.
- Mix in your nuts, fruit, marshmallows, and jelly candies. Make sure to break up the sticky gummy candy as you add it so it doesn't clump together.
- Spread the mixture in your baking pan and smooth out evenly. Let sit at room temperature for about 3 to 4 hours, until hardened. You can also refrigerate it, but let it sit out a bit before slicing so it will be easier to cut.
- Lift the hardened candy out of the pan using the 'sling' of parchment paper. Slice your candy into small squares or bars with a sharp knife.