Wild Garlic Pesto
Wild Garlic is a spring favorite in our parts. Store the spring in a jar by making this delicious Wild Garlic Pesto and enjoy it for months to come.
- 6 cups or 1 l of wild garlic greens
- 60 g pine nuts
- 90 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- of salt
- 100 ml olive oil ((divided))
- Start by lightly roasting pine nuts, so they develop their flavour. You can easily roast them in a pan on your stove, stirring frequently and being on alert not to burn them.
- Cool the nuts. Wash and dry your wild garlic. Grate parmesan. Then, combine these ingredients in a processor or blender and blend until the ingredients are finely chopped. Then, pour in about half the olive oil slowly while blending.
- Put the pesto in a jar, large just enough for the pesto to reach almost to the top, then pour over more olive oil, until it covers the pesto completely. Keep refrigerated.