Wild Garlic Pesto
Wild Garlic is a spring favorite in our parts. Store the spring in a jar by making this delicious Wild Garlic Pesto and enjoy it for months to come.
- 6 cups or 1 l of wild garlic greens
- 60 g pine nuts
- 90 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- of salt
- 100 ml olive oil ((divided))
- Start by lightly roasting pine nuts, so they develop their flavour. You can easily roast them in a pan on your stove, stirring frequently and being on alert not to burn them.
- Cool the nuts. Wash and dry your wild garlic. Grate parmesan. Then, combine these ingredients in a processor or blender and blend until the ingredients are finely chopped. Then, pour in about half the olive oil slowly while blending.
- Put the pesto in a jar, large just enough for the pesto to reach almost to the top, then pour over more olive oil, until it covers the pesto completely. Keep refrigerated.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates