Zesty White Bean Spread and Dip
This Zesty White Bean Spread made from Great Northern beans can be served as a spread for sandwiches or as a dip for your favorite veggies and pita chips.
- 1 24-oz can white beans (or 2 14-oz cans)
- Lemon juiced
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each)
- 1 plum tomato, diced and seeds removed
- ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 scallions (diced)
- optional garnishes: sliced red onion, parsley, scallions, and a drizzle of olive oil
- Combine the beans, lemon juice, minced garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a small food process. Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the diced tomato, parsley leaves, and scallions. Mix well. To serve: spread on a sandwich or toast, or serve as a dip. Garnish with sliced red onion, parsley, scallions, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.