Baked Feta Cheese with Olives, Lemon and Rosemary
The View From the Great Island
Baked Feta with Olives, Lemon and Rosemary ~ an easy baked cheese appetizer that shows off the spectacular sun drenched flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 10-14 oz feta cheese
- 0.5 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 large lemon (Juice of)
- 1-2 cups mixed olives
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 0.5 tsp red pepper flakes
- a few coarse grindings of black pepper
- Set oven to 350F
- Put the feta in a gratin dish or other small ovenproof dish that you will also serve out of.
- Pour the olive oil into the dish, followed by the lemon juice. Arrange the olives around the cheese, with the rosemary. I quarter the squeezed lemon half and throw that in as well. Sprinkle the red and black pepper over all.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling. I loosely laid a sheet of foil over mine. You can finish under the broiler if you like for a little charring effect.
- Serve hot with toasted bread.