15-minutes Spicy Penne in Tomato Sauce with Salami
When you need a little kick make this 15-minutes Spicy Penne in Tomato Sauce with Salami. Fast & Easy winter recipe for two.
- 200 grams penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- a few thick slices salami
- ½ zucchini, medium size
- 1 can diced tomato (400 grams)
- fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- ground chili flakes (to taste)
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese to taste
- Peel and slice onion and garlic. Wash and dry half a zucchini, then grate it coarsely. Roughly dice a few slices of salami. Wash, dry and chop fresh basil leaves.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, then add penne pasta and cook according to package instructions (should be about 11 minutes to al-dente).
- While the water is heating and pasta is cooking, preheat 1 tbs olive oil in a pan. Add sliced onion and fry until translucent. Add garlic and diced salami and stir-fry for a minute or two. Add grated zucchini, then add canned tomato and bring to a boil (rinse the can with a splash of water and add it to the sauce).
Season to taste with salt, fresh ground black pepper and ground chili flakes. Bring to a boil and let it simmer on low for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the sauce is reduced and thickened, it is ready. Add chopped fresh basil leaves.
- By now your pasta should be cooked as well. Save a cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta. Immediately return the pasta to the pan with the tomato sauce and add a splash of pasta water. Combine well and serve topped with grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates