Albacore Buddha Bowls
The View From the Great Island
My quick and easy Albacore Buddha Bowls are so packed with flavor, protein, and vibrant nutrition, you won't believe they're made with pantry staples.
- farro albacore bowl
- 1.5 cups cooked and cooled farro
- 1 5-ounce can Genova Wild Caught Albacore Tuna (don't drain)
- 0.25 cup canned white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 0.25 cup black olives (rough chopped)
- 1 small golden beet, roasted and cut in wedges
- a spoonful of olive tapenade
- 0.25 cup roasted red peppers
- a handful of watercress
- fresh herbs for garnish
- red quinoa albacore bowl
- 1.5 cups cooked and cooled red quinoa
- 1 5-ounce can of Genova Wild Caught Albacore Tuna
- 1 hard cooked egg (halved)
- 0.25 yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 0.25 cup shredded raw red cabbage
- 0.25 cup diced cucumber
- 0.25 cup drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- 0.25 cup black olives (chopped)
- 0.5 hot red pepper (or jalapeno) thinly sliced
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- lemon oregano vinaigrette
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put your base ingredient, farro or quinoa, into a small bowl.
- Remove the tuna from the can and place it in the middle of the bowl. There's no need to drain the tuna since it's packed in olive oil.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients around the edges of the bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients (the amounts above are for one salad) and drizzle over everything.