Asiago Lemon Thyme Shortbread
The View From the Great Island
Asiago Lemon Thyme Shortbread is a buttery, savory shortbread cracker perfect for the cocktail hour!
- 1 stick () unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1.25 cups flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper
- set oven to 350F
- Put all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse, about 30 times, until the dough comes together.
- Remove from the processor and bring the dough into a lump, using your hands. Work it slightly if it is still crumbly.
- Form it into a smooth 7-8 inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap, smoothing it out as you wrap, and twist the ends securely.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least a few hours, or overnight. I like to cradle the log of dough on a thick dish towel so it remains round.
- Slice into 1/4 - 3/8 inch thick slices and bake on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes. The shortbreads will still be quite pale.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the pan, and then on a rack