Avocado and Herb Salad
The View From the Great Island
Avocado and Herb Salad ~ a super easy vegan salad made with delicious avocado and loads of fresh herbs to kick your healthy diet into high gear!
- 2-3 ripe but firm avocados
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- a large handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed and rough chopped
- a large handful of fresh parsley, stems removed and rough chopped
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp orange blossom vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Slice the avocado into thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Add them to a wide shallow serving bowl along with the green onions, capers, herbs, and jalapeño.
- Whisk the dressing together and drizzle over the salad. Serve asap with a fresh grinding of coarse black pepper.