Gnocchi with Spinach and Avocado Goat Cheese Sauce
From a Chef's Kitchen
We're going green today folks with this quick and easy Gnocchi with Spinach and Avocado Goat Cheese Sauce!
- 2 medium avocados ( pitted and peeled)
- 5 ounce goat cheese (plus more for crumbling over gnocchi if desired)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 16 ounce package potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- 10 ounce baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Combine avocados, goat cheese, lemon juice and salt and black pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook per package directions. Drain, but reserve some of the cooking water.
- Heat olive oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer avocado mixture to saucepan with spinach. Add a small amount of the cooking water to the spinach-avocado-goat cheese mixture to thin as desired.
- Add gnocchi to pan and toss. Serve with additional crumbled goat cheese if desired with a good dose of freshly cracked black pepper.