An easy and wholesome broccoli soup, perfect for cold winter days.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 800 g Broccoli (2 medium broccoli heads)
- 6 cups water ( you may also use vegetable broth)
- 100 ml cream
- 4 tbs olive oil ((divided))
- 1 tbs Tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 slices of multigrain bread (or your bread of choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- spices of choice (oregano, cumin, paprika etc)
- Peel and cut the potato into cubes and set aside.
- Chop the onion and set aside.
- Heat two tbsp. olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for around 5-7 minutes.
- Add the potato and broccoli florets and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have begun to soften, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 min, or until the vegetables are tender.
- At this point remove the pot from heat, add cumin, 2 tbsp. olive oil and tahini, and blend until smooth, using an immersion blender.
- Add cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour in serving bowls, and enjoy with homemade croutons on top.
- Preheat oven at 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Cut bread in cubes and put it in a big bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and spices and mix well.
- Spread the bread cubes into an even layer on a baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until it becomes golden brown, at the edges.
- Let them cool slightly and enjoy over salads or soups.