Brown Rice Salad with Nuts and Dried Fruit
This Brown Rice Salad with Nuts and Dried Fruit is a perfect side dish - serve it warm or chilled. Make it in advance to save time when guests are over!
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, warm or chilled
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots (about 10, tightly packed)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup parsley leaves (chopped)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- zest of lemon
- Lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons high quality olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a medium pan, toast the slivered almonds over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the almonds start to turn golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Chop the apricots into small pieces the size of raisins.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Serve warm or chilled.