Brown Sugar Bourbon Pie
The View From the Great Island
Brown Sugar Bourbon Icebox Pie ~ whipped bourbon mousse in a dark chocolate crumb crust topped with more chocolate ~ the ultimate adult no-bake dessert.
- crumb crust
- ¾ of a package, or 169 grams, Nabisco Famous Wafers (If you're using pre-made crumbs, it will be 1 1/2 cups of crumbs)
- 5 tbsp (71 grams) unsalted butter (melted)
- 3.40 ounce package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (be sure to get the instant, not the cook and serve, style)
- 1½ cup (360 grams) cold heavy cream (divided)
- ½ cup (111 ounces) bourbon
- 4 tbsp (48 grams) dark brown sugar
- dark chocolate curls
- Lightly spray a 9 inch pie dish.
- Crush the wafers in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Make sure to get them nice and fine.
- Measure out 1 and 1/2 cups of crumbs, and toss with the melted butter until well blended. Press the crumbs evenly into the 9 pie plate, I like to use the bottom of a metal cup measure to help me get them evenly and firmly patted down. Refrigerate.
- Whip 1 cup of the cream and set aside.
- Blend the bourbon and brown sugar together, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. You may want to let it sit for a few minutes. Then blend that into the remaining half cup of cream.
- Whisk the pudding mix with the bourbon infused cream. Whisk for 2 minutes to allow it to thicken. Fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain. You can gently whisk the mixture if that helps.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth out the top if necessary. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or curls.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island