Cherry Chocolate Smoothie
A super delicious, filling smoothie with cherries, dark chocolate and almonds. Perfect as a healthy dairy-free breakfast or dessert.
- 1⅓ cup sour/tart cherries ((or sweet cherries))
- 1 banana ((preferably frozen))
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao powder ((unsweetened and preferably raw))
- 2 tbsp granola
- ½ cup almond milk ((more for a thinner smoothie))
- 20 almonds
- Wash and pit the cherries.
- Put the cherries, the banana, cacao powder and granola into the blender jar and add 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Chop the chocolate bar into smaller chunks and add to other ingredients.
- Finally add the almond nuts into the blender jar. You can use the whole almonds if you don't mind small nut pieces in your smoothie. If you want to achieve a perfect smooth texture, grind the almonds before adding them to other ingredients. Run the food processor or coffee grinder until the almonds are ground to a coarse meal or fine flour, depending on your preference.
- Process the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses. Sprinkle with dark chocolate and top up with a couple of cherries.