Chicken Pasta Salad with Spinach Buttermilk Dressing
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cool, creamy and tangy Chicken Pasta Salad with Spinach Buttermilk Dressing is a budget-friendly way to feed and please a crowd.
- chicken AND SALAD
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound bowtie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- ½ medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 bag (or box) frozen chopped spinach ( thawed and squeezed of excess moisture)
- 1 medium cucumber ( seeded and coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup chopped fresh baby dill
- 4 scallions, (white and light green part only, coarsely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic ( coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or reduced-fat
- 1 cup buttermilk, regular or reduced-fat
- 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
- white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- CHICKEN AND SALAD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle chicken with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 22 to 25 minutes or until cooked through to at least 165 degrees. Let cool, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente (cooked, but still firm to the bite). Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well. Toss with approximately 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Add chicken, tomatoes and red onion.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen