Chicken Salad Summer Rolls
The View From the Great Island
My Chicken Salad Summer Rolls with an herbed mayonnaise dip is a delicious take on classic Vietnamese rice paper rolls and an easy 30 minute lunch or dinner
- 2 cups of your favorite chicken salad, or use recipe below
- 8-10 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups microgreens
- herbed mayo dip
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- handful fresh dill leaves
- handful fresh chives
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- pinch of salt
- chicken salad
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 0.5 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tbsp very finely minced red onion
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- milk to thin
- salt and pepper
- If you are making the chicken salad, mix the chicken, celery and onion in a bowl. Thin the mayonnaise with a little milk, and pour over the chicken. Toss and add salt and pepper to taste. This recipe makes a thin mayo dressing, don't thin it down if you like it thicker.
- To make the herbed dip, put the mayonnaise and the herbs in a wide mouthed mason jar or similar jar, and squeeze in the citrus juice. Use an immersion blender to blend together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the rolls, put some cold water in the bottom of a pie plate or large shallow bowl. Working one at a time, dip a rice paper wrapper into the water for about 8-10 seconds, just until it starts to soften, and then put it on a smooth surface. A flat counter top works well, or any other smooth flat surface. Arrange a small bunch of micro-greens in the center of the paper, and top with about 1/4 cup of chicken salad, arranged in a line. (see photo in the post)
- Roll up the chicken salad just like you would a burrito, tucking in the two sides, and keeping everything nice and snug as you go.
- Slice the rolls in half with a very sharp knife, and serve with the mayo dip. If you want to make these a few hours ahead, put them on a plate so that they don't touch each other (the rice paper wrappers will stick) and cover with a damp cloth. Cover the cloth with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.