Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato and Black Bean Flatbread Pizzas with Avocado Sour Cream
From a Chef's Kitchen
Chipotle Chicken, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Flatbread Pizzas with Avocado Sour Cream are spicy, healthy-ish and delicious! They're perfect for a weeknight or any day of the year!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium Poblano peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can (28-ounce) tomato sauce
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- flatbread PIZZAS
- cornmeal for pizza stone
- 4 naan flatbreads, white or whole wheat
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- avocado SOUR CREAM
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 0.5 lime, juiced
- SAUCE: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and Poblano pepper, reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until very soft. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, chipotle chiles, chili powder, cumin, coriander and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth or carefully transfer to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- PIZZAS: Sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal on a pizza stone. Top each flatbread with equal amounts of the sauce then toss the chicken with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle even amounts of the cheese on the sauce, reserving some for on top. Follow with chicken, sweet potato and black beans. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and edges of flatbread are beginning to brown.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Avocado Sour Cream.
- AVOCADO SOUR CREAM: Combine sour cream, avocado and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.