Chocolate Avocado Mousse
From a Chef's Kitchen
Sinfully rich and healthful peacefully coexist in this Paleo-friendly and refined sugar-free Chocolate Avocado Mousse that is so simple to prepare you won't believe it!
- 6 medjool dates
- 2 large ripe avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 0.25 cup cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- chopped hazelnuts
- Soak the dates in hot tap water for 1 hour; drain. Pit the dates and remove what skin you can.
- Combine dates, avocados, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and fluffy.
- If any date "bits" refuse to incorporate and smooth out, press mousse mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Serve in glasses with unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped hazelnuts.