Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish is as refreshing as it gets on a hot summer day!
- 3 medium Kirby cucumbers or 2 large English (hothouse) cucumbers
- 3 ripe avocados,
- 2-3 large limes, juiced (1/3 cup) or to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 cup water or as needed
- Sriracha hot sauce
- cilantro sprigs and lime wedges for garnish
- 1 medium Kirby cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- SOUP: Combine all soup ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Alternately, combine all ingredients in a large deep bowl and process until smooth with an immersion blender. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Soup may thicken as it chills, so add water as needed and adjust seasonings.
- RELISH: Combine relish ingredients in a small bowl. Serve atop soup with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.