Cream Cheese and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes and Grilled Zucchini
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cream Cheese and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes and Grilled Zucchini is a light, easy and elegant appetizer perfect for any summer occasion.
20 tomatoes and 40 zucchini rolls
- 2 (8-ounce) containers Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese Spread (softened)
- 2 cans (14-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 0.5 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 0.5 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh chives
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 shredded cheese (16-ounce) containers Campari tomatoes (approximately 20 tomatoes)
- 6 medium zucchini (approximately 4 pounds)
- cooking spray
- fresh basil, chives and parsley for garnish, whole or chopped as desired
- Combine Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese Spread, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, garlic and herbs in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato along with a little from the bottom so they stand straight and don't roll around. Scoop out and discard the pulp. Invert onto paper towels to drain while prepping and grilling the zucchini.
- Remove the stem and flower ends of the zucchini and the outermost sides of the zucchini. Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Spray a nonstick grill pan with cooking spray. Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, season the zucchini with salt and black pepper. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until nicely marked and pliable. Let cool.
- Fill each tomato with equal amounts of the filling.
- When the zucchini is cool, place approximately 1 tablespoon of the filling on the widest end of each zucchini strip and roll up.
- Serve the tomatoes and zucchini on platters, separately or combined. Garnish with fresh herbs.