Farmers Market Vegetable Salad
The View From the Great Island
Farmers Market Vegetable Salad is a healthy chopped vegetable salad with a tarragon/anchovy/lemon vinaigrette ~ a great side dish for all your summer meals.
- 1 pound trimmed green and wax beans, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup assorted color bell peppers (diced)
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 small pickling cucumber (chopped)
- an ear of corn, steamed and kernels removed
- ⅓ cup marinated peppers, I used little red bird's beak peppers
- ⅓ cup olives (halved)
- ½ cup crumbled or chopped feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp tarragon leaves
- 1 anchovies, or 1 tsp anchovy paste
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a wide mouthed mason jar or small bowl and use an immersion blender to blend until it is emulsified. Taste to adjust any of the ingredients to your own preference.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island