Freezer Meal: Red Lentil Sweet Potato Dahl
Red Lentil Sweet Potato Dahl is an easy and healthy freezer meal made in the crockpot with just 8 simple ingredients! On the table in 30 minutes.
- 1½ cups red lentils
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite sized cubes
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- zest of lime
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup water
- lime wedges
- Add all of the "freezing ingredients" into a freezer storage bag or lidded container. Place in the freezer for a rainy day.
- If you are using a crockpot, place the contents of the freezer bag into the pot. Add in the broth and water. Set to low for 8-9 hours.
- If you are using the stove, place the contents of the freezer bag into a large Dutch oven. Add the broth and water and cover. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the dahl is warmed through, about 30 minutes.
- Add a serving of rice to a bowl and top with the dahl. Garnish with a squeeze of lime and cilantro, if desired.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds