Fruit Tart with Almond Crust
The Honey Blonde
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 strawberries
- ½ small mango (thinly sliced)
- 2 kiwi ( peeled and sliced)
- 1 small container raspberries
- 1 small container blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together almond meal, flour, butter, and sugar until it forms a coarse crumbly texture. Pour in a teaspoon of water at a time, then pulse 3-5 times. Keep adding water until the dough forms a loose ball.
Turn dough out onto a sheet of parchment, cover with another sheet of parchment and press down with your hands to form a flat disc. Roll out until the dough is large enough to cover the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Transfer dough to tart pan and press into the bottom and along the sides. Cut off any excess dough.
Place one of the sheets of parchment on top of the tart shell and then fill with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the pie weights and bake for another 5 minutes, until the edges have browned.
Meanwhile, mix together the mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fill the baked and cooled tart shell with the filling. Then top fruit.
Create flowers out of the strawberries and sliced mango. Place strawberries and mango first, then fill in with kiwi, raspberries, and blueberries. Refrigerate until serving.