Gluten Free Vegan Gnocchi
These Gluten Free Vegan Gnocchi require just 5 ingredients and can be made at home! You will never believe these gnocchi are free of allergens!
- 1½ pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in the potatoes, whole and unpeeled, into the pot of water. Boil until fork tender, even in the middle. This can take between 20-40 minutes depending on the size of the potato. Once the potatoes are tender, remove them from the water and let them cool in a colander.
- While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the flour and potato starch. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to comfortable handle, peel the potatoes. The skin should easily remove with just your hands, or you can use a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cut the potatoes into manageable chunks and put them through a ricer.
- Spread the riced potatoes out on a baking tray and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle on the flour and kneed the dough to combine. Once all the flour is incorporated, form the dough into a ball. Cut the dough into sized pieces. Inch off dough pieces and form them into gnocchi sized dumplings, rolling and squeezing them in your hands.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in a generous pinch of salt and reduce to a simmer. Add in 1/2 of the gnocchi so as to not crowd the pan. Once the gnocchi has floated to the top, 1-2 minutes, use a spider or slotted spoon to remove them from the water and immediately transfer to your serving sauce of choice. Repeat with the last half and serve immediately.