Gratin-Style Pesto and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Roma Tomatoes
From a Chef's Kitchen
Gratin-Style Pesto and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Roma Tomatoes is easy, elegant and a delicious way to use some of your summer basil pesto!
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 4 small plum tomatoes
- 0.25 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley
- basil sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Spray a large oval baking dish with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. Season inside and out with salt and black pepper. Place equal amounts of the pesto, followed by the goat cheese in each chicken breast. Secure with toothpicks and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange tomato halves (cut side up) around chicken breasts. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, panko, seasoned dry breadcrumbs, olive oil, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Scatter evenly over chicken breasts and tomato halves.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees in the center of the filling and topping is lightly browned and crusty. (Remember to remove toothpicks prior to serving.)