Greek Vegetable Salad with Marinated Feta Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
This take on the traditional Greek salad has lots of chunky vegetables, a delicious dressing and marinated feta cheese!
- 1 block (8-ounce) good Greek feta cheese
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 4 dried red chiles such as cayenne
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 (1-inch) long strips lemon zest
- 0.25 cup lemon juice
- 0.66666666666667 cup olive oil
- 5-6 medium tomatoes
- 2-3 medium cucumbers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 jar (12-ounce) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place cheese, herbs sprigs, chiles, peppercorns and lemon zest in 1 or 2 jars (depending upon the size you have). Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Pour over cheese. Seal and refrigerate two days.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add feta cheese.