Guacamole Deviled Eggs
The View From the Great Island
Makes 12 deviled eggs
- 6 extra large hard boiled eggs, shells removed
- about 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise, depending on how stiff your mixture is
- salt or garlic salt to taste, start with a pinch
- snipped chives
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise, and pop out the yolks.
- Mix the freshly mashed avocado with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Put the yolks, mayo, and avocado in a small bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until smooth and creamy. Season with salt or garlic salt to taste. Add more lemon if you like.
- Alternatively you can blend the mixture in a small food processor, scraping down the sides of the machine as necessary.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip and fill the bag with the mixture.
- Pipe the filling into the hollowed out egg halves.
- Garnish with snipped chives.