Halibut Ceviche with Mango and Avocado
From a Chef's Kitchen
Halibut Ceviche with Mango and Avocado is light, tangy and refreshing! It's the perfect summer appetizer or light entree that's sophisticated yet so easy to make!
- 1 (8-ounce) halibut fillet, skinned and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 0.5 cup fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 cup fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- dash hot sauce
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small Jalapeno
- 0.25 cup red onion
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey OR agave
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips
- Place halibut in a non-reactive glass bowl or ceramic dish.
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and hot sauce. Pour over halibut and gently stir. Make sure the halibut is covered with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, stirring halfway through to redistribute the marinade. Again, make sure the halibut is covered.
- Gently toss together the mango, avocado, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and honey in a bowl. Drain the halibut and fold it into the other ingredients. Adjust acidity if needed and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.