Healthy Macaroni & Cheese
You Totally Got This
Guess what? Mac n Cheese has had a makeover. This quick and easy healthy macaroni and cheese recipe is amazingly delicious. You will love this recipe.
- 200g g macaroni or gluten free pasta
- 1.5 cups butternut pumpkin
- 1 head broccoli
- 0.25 cup milk
- 0.5 tsp smoky paprika
- 0.5 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups mixed leaves
- Boil the kettle, fill a medium saucepan with boiling water and bring back to boil. Add the macaroni to the saucepan and cook according to packet directions, about 9-10 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, chop the pumpkin into small pieces (the smaller the better). Place the chopped pumpkin into a steamer insert and cover with a lid. Once the macaroni is cooking place the steamer on top of the saucepan. You may need to turn down the heat so the water doesn’t boil over.
- While the pumpkin and pasta are cooking grate the broccoli and set aside.
- When the pasta is ready, drain into a colander and set aside. Turn on your oven grill.
- Remove the pumpkin from the steamer, and transfer it into the saucepan you used to cook the pasta. Add the milk and smoky paprika, then season with salt and pepper. Use a stick blender to puree until the pumpkin is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the tasty cheese until it melts.
- Now add the pasta and broccoli to the saucepan and stir until the macaroni is coated with sauce.
- Transfer the macaroni and cheese to a medium sized oven proof dish and sprinkle with parmesan. Place under the oven grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with mixed leaves.