Honey Jalapeño Cornbread
The View From the Great Island
Honey Jalapeño Cornbread recipe is a moist quickbread with a hint of sweet honey, and a smokey heat from the peppers. Make it your signature potluck dish!
- dry ingredients
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
- ½ cup honey
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 jalapeno peppers (thinly sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 400F Lightly butter or spray a 9x12 pan.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together to blend.
- Stir in all the rest of the wet ingredients, then fold in the jalapeños. Stir just until everything is combined, don't over mix.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until risen, golden, and just beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. The center should spring back when touched, and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out dry. You don't want to over-bake cornbread, it can dry out quickly, so check it on the early side. Let cool on a rack.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island