Indian Flavored Risotto
Indian flavored Risotto made in the pressure cooker. This is a colorful and delicious dish.
- 1 cup arborio rice ((substitute with basmati , if you can't find the more traditional arborio ))
- 1 onion (- small, finely chopped)
- 15 oz. can black beans (", - finely grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (- , finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (- medium, peeled and diced)
- 15 oz. can black beans (, chopped)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 tbsps mint (, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps cilantro (, finely chopped)
- 1 tsp paprika ((adjust as per taste preference))
- 15 oz. can black beans ((adjust as per taste preference))
- to taste Salt
- Heat 2tbsp oil (or vegan butter) in a pressure cooker or a heavy bottom pan. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Saute till the onions are translucent, about 2~3 minutes.
- Next add carrots and green beans. Cook covered for 2~3 minutes. Add chopped mint, salt, paprika, curry powder and mix well.
- Stir in the rice and saute for 3~4 minutes till the rice is toasted. Next add 2½cups of vegetable stock or water, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles or 7~8 minutes. Turn off the stove and wait for the pressure to release naturally.
- To cook in the traditional method, keep 3~4 cups of veggie stock/ water ready. Add a ladle full of liquid to the veggie & rice mixture and cook till the water evaporates. Add another ladle full of liquid and continue cooking. Repeat till the rice is tender and cooked through, this takes about 18~20 minutes.
- Finally add the chopped herbs, mix and serve hot!!
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout