Indian Style Beet Salad
Indian style Beet Salad with Peanuts and Cashews. It takes just a few minutes to make and tastes fresh and delicious. A great side dish to any Indian style meal.
- 1 beet (Small , peeled and grated)
- 1 ~ 2 Chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- 1 onion (Small , finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps cilantro (, finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps Coconut (Fresh , grated)
- 2 tbsps Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp dal (Roasted (Putnalu or ia))
- 6 ~ 8 Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (, toasted)
- to taste Salt
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan, add peanuts and cook till they turn lightly brown. Next add cashews, roasted gram, curry leaves and saute till they turn color.
- Next add the grated beets and cook for 2~3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Remove the beet mixture into a bowl. Add chopped green chilies, onions, cilantro, grated coconut and lemon juice. Mix well. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.