Irish Coffee Cheesecake Squares
The View From the Great Island
Irish Coffee Cheesecake Squares are a lighter alternative to regular cheesecake, with a hint of coffee and whisky to keep it all interesting!
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 0.33333333333333 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup Hom
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (not ground coffee)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- sweetened whipped cream
- shaved chocolate
- Set oven to 350F
- To make the crust, cream the butter and sugar and then blend in the flour and salt until the mixture is crumbly. Pat into a buttered 9x13 pan, pressing down slightly with your fingers to get an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Make the filling by creaming the cream cheese and sugar together. Make sure your ingredients are at true room temperature to avoid a lumpy batter.
- Beat in the homemade Irish Cream, and then the eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in the instant espresso, cocoa powder, vanilla, and flour.
- Turn the batter out onto the crust and smooth out evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes just until the cheesecake is set.
- Let cool before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream, and garnish with shaved chocolate.