Lamb Souvlaki Bowl
You Totally Got This
Bring a taste of Greece to your weeknight dinner table, with this quick and easy lamb souvlaki bowl. Get the recipe here...
- 2 lamb tenderloins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 0.5 iceberg lettuce
- 0.5 cucumber
- 0.5 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olives
- 60g g halloumi sliced into strips
- small tub tzatziki
- 2 pita bread or gluten free wraps depending on your dietary requirements
- Thinly slice the lamb and mince the garlic, then transfer the lamb, garlic, oregano, 3 teaspoons of the olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside.
- Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and halloumi then set aside. Cut the remaining ½ lemon into wedges.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and add the lamb and marinade. Cook the lamb for a few minutes each side, or until it has browned. Remove the lamb and set aside on a plate.
- Wipe out the fry pan with some paper towel, then add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and cook the halloumi for a minute on both sides, or until it is golden.
- Assemble the lamb, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives and halloumi in a bowl and finish with a big dollop of tzatziki. Serve with pita bread or gluten free wraps (if using) and lemon wedges.