Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
From a Chef's Kitchen
Brussels sprouts don’t get any better than this! Not just roasted, but crusted! Crusted with Parmesan cheese and a spark of lemon!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium lemons
- 1.5 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs and lemon juice in a second large bowl.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese and lemon zest in a third large bowl.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in the seasoned flour, shaking off excess, coat well with egg mixture, then toss in the Parmesan cheese/lemon zest combination.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until sprouts are tender and the cheese is golden brown and crusty. Season with additional salt and black pepper if desired.