Light & Healthy - Creamy Mushroom Baked Gnocchi
You Totally Got This
Looking for a light and healthy baked gnocchi recipe that is totally delicious? Good news. You have found it! Get the easy 20 minute recipe here...
- 500g g gnocchi
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 0.25 cup of plain flour
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch chilli flakes
- 350g g brown mushrooms
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese or mozzarella
- 2 cups mixed leaves
- Turn on your oven grill on high.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Meanwhile, thinly slice the mushrooms and mince the garlic
- Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Drain and transfer the gnocchi to a baking dish.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, garlic and chilli flakes, then stir until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the milk. Return the saucepan to the heat and continue whisking for 4-5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Stir through mushrooms and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the gnocchi, and stir through the cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the oven under the grill for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to brown.
- Divide the gnocchi bake into 4 portions and serve with a side of mixed leaves. If there’s leftovers, pop them in the freezer in an airtight container.