Meat Lovers Pasta Salad
The View From the Great Island
My Meat Lovers Pasta Salad doesn't fool around, there are FOUR kinds of meat in there!
- 0.75 lb pasta (I used fusilli) cooked according to the package directions
- 0.5 inch slice of salami, cut in cubes
- 0.5 inch slice of sopressata, cut in cubes
- 0.5 inch slice of ham, cut in cubes
- 8 slices bacon,
- 1 small Persian cucumber, or 1/3 of an English cucumber
- 0.33333333333333 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 0.33333333333333 cup black olives
- a few radishes, if you have them
- 1 cup feta cheese, cut in small cubes
- handful fresh thyme and oregano, leaves
- 0.5 cup good olive oil
- juice of lemons
- 6 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dried Italian herb blend
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- While the pasta is still hot, toss it with about half of the dressing, to coat all surfaces. Cover and refrigerate.
- When the pasta has cooled, add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the bacon, and toss. Add more dressing to moisten the salad and put back in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Just before serving toss in the bacon and taste the salad. Adjust the seasoning and add more dressing if necessary.