Miso Wonton Soup
The View From the Great Island
Miso Wonton Soup is an easy 30 minute meal made with frozen chicken dumplings and healthy Japanese miso paste ~ everybody loves it!
- 28 oz (about 3 1/2 cups) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- about 16-20 mini wontons
- 2 tbsp miso paste (I used yellow)
- 1 baby bok choy (thinly sliced)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and some of the green parts, too
- 1 carrot, sliced paper thin (use the 1/8 inch setting on a mandoline slicer)
- Heat the broth and water to a simmer in a saucepan. Add the wontons and simmer gently until they are heated through, this will just take a few minutes.
- Add the miso to the soup and stir until dissolved. Add the veggies and bring the soup back to a simmer.
- Serve hot.