Moroccan Carrot Salad
Coarsely grated carrot and oranges with a spicy-sweet dressing. This Moroccan Carrot Salad is a refreshing and delicious dish to accompany any meal.
- 4 medium Carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar (or Honey for non-vegans)
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp Red Chili powder/ Cayenne Pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- to taste Salt Pepper
- 3 tbsp Cilantro,
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the peel and pith from the oranges. Hold the fruit over a bowl and using a paring knife slice between the membranes to release the segments. Place them in a fine mesh sieve to drain. Reserve the juice.
- To make the dressing, whisk lemon juice, agave (or honey), cumin, cayenne, cinnamon and ½tsp salt into the reserved orange juice.
- Add the drained oranges and the dressing to the grated carrots. Toss gently to coat. Let the salad sit for about 5 minutes, until the liquid starts to pool in the bottom of the bowl.
- Drain the salad in a fine mesh sieve and return to a bowl.
- Stir in cilantro and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!!