New England Style Shrimp Roll
The View From the Great Island
New England Style Shrimp Rolls ~ jumbo chunks of wild caught shrimp simply tossed with mayo and lemon and then stuffed into a butter toasted bun ~ yum!
- 1 pound (1/2 bag) Marina Del Rey Wild Caught Argenti
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 0.25 cup minced onion
- 0.25 cup minced celery
- juice of lemon
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 hot dog buns
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- paprika or Old Bay seasoning
- snipped chives
- Thaw the shrimp under cool running water for a minute or so, and then steam it or saute it just until cooked through. Let cool then give them a rough chop.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the mayo, onions, celery, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Taste the salad to adjust any of the seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the butter and brush onto the open buns. Grill for a few minutes until toasty.
- Serve the shrimp salad in toasted buns, topped with a sprinkle of paprika or Old Bay, and some snipped chives.